Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Writers block

I wrote this when I was about fifteen which is why it sounds really twee!


I want to write a poem
but I don't know where to start.
It's got to be something meaningful,
something straight from my heart.
It could be about the birds,
the way they nest in trees.
Or it could be about a summers day,
crowded and gleeful with bees,
humming in the air above,
going about their chores.
Or it could be about a lion
and the mighty way it roars.
It could be about nature in general,
the way mother earth spreads her wares,
or the way children play
with no tension, worries or cares.
It could be about myself
but that would be way too dull
everyone else does that anyway
so I don't think that I shall.
It could be about the moon
playing with the sea
shining big and bright and proud
in the sky for everyone to see.
It could be about the stars
outshone by the moon.
Or the ever impending daylight
that covers them too soon.
I think that this is enough
for someone with writers block
I think I've done quite well
and written quite a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment