Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A poem what I wrote

This is a poem that just popped into my head one day. It's not about anyone, the words just appeared so I wrote them down. I think it started off about the fierce love a mother must feel for a child and then morphs into a romantic love but hey, interpret it as you wish seeing as I don't have kids!

I want to write words like ribbons        
To wrap a bow around your heart,
I want to build a cage around you,
To keep you safe from harm.
I want to cut myself to pieces
To stop you feeling pain
I want to be your shelter
To keep you out the rain.
I want to be by your side
Every minute, hour and day
I want to carry the torch
To light each step you take.
I want to build huge fires
To keep you warm at night
and wrap my arms around you
to keep you in my sight.
I want to climb inside your skin
So your heart beats nearer mine
I want to dance cheek to cheek
until the end of time.
I want to lay forever with you
gazing up towards the stars
knowing whatever mistakes we made before
the future is all ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment